Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Death Bed

>

> It was early in the morning at four,

> When death knocked upon a bedroom door,

>

>

> Who is there? The sleeping one cried.

> I'm Malakul Mawt, let me inside.

>

>

> At once, the man began to shiver,

> As one sweating in deadly fever,

>

>

> He shouted to his sleeping wife,

> Don't let him take away my life.

>

>

> Please go away, O Angel of Death!

> Leave me alone; I'm not ready yet.

>

>

> My family on me depends,

> Give me a chance, O please prepense!

>

>

> The angel knocked again and again,

> Friend! I'll take your life without a pain,

>

>

> This your soul Allah requires,

> I come not with my own desire.

>

>

> Bewildered, the man began to cry,

> O Angel I'm so afraid to die,

>

>

> I'll give you gold and be your slave,

> Don't send me to the unlit grave.

>

>

> Let me in, O Friend! The Angel said,

> Open the door; get up from your bed,

>

>

> If you do not allow me in,

> I will walk through it, like a Jinn.

>

>

> The man held a gun in his right hand,

> Ready to defy the Angel's stand.

>

>

> I'll point my gun, towards your head,

> You dare come in; I'll shoot you dead.

>

>

> By now the Angel was in the room,

> Saying, O Friend! Prepare for you doom.

>

>

> Foolish man, Angels never die,

> Put down your gun and do not sigh.

>

>

> Why are you afraid! Tell me O man,

> To die according to Allah's plan?

>

>

> Come smile at me, do not be grim,

> Be Happy to return to Him.

>

>

> O Angel! I bow my head in shame,

> I had no time to take Allah's Name.

>

>

> From morning till dusk, I made my wealth,

> Not even caring for my health.

>

>

> Allah's command I never obeyed,

> Nor five times a day I ever prayed.

>

>

> A Ramadan came and a Ramadan went,

> But no time had I to repent.

>

>

> The Hajj was already FARD on me,

> But I would not part with my money.

>

>

> All charities I did ignore,

> Taking usury more and more.

>

>

> O Angel! I appeal to you,

> Spare my life for a year or two.

>

>

> The Laws of Quran I will obey,

> I'll begin SALAT this very day.

>

>

> My Fast and Hajj, I will complete,

> And keep away from self-conceit.

>

>

> I will refrain from usury,

> And give all my wealth to charity,

>

>

> We Angels do what Allah demands,

> We cannot go against His commands.

>

>

> Death is ordained for everyone,

> Father, mother, daughter or son.

>

>

> I'm afraid this moment is your last,

> Now be reminded, of your past,

>

>

> I do understand your fears,

> But it is now too late for tears.

>

>

> You lived in this world, two score and more,

> Never did you, your people adore.

>

>

> Your parents, you did not obey,

> Hungry beggars, you turned away.

>

>

> Instead of making more Muslims,

> You made your children non-Muslims.

>

>

> You ignored the Mua'dhin Adhaan,

> Nor did you read the Holy Quran.

>

>

> Breaking promises all your life,

> Backbiting friends, and causing strife.

>

>

> From hoarded goods, great profits you made,

> And your poor workers, you underpaid.

>

>

> Horses and cards were your leisure,

> Moneymaking was your pleasure.

>

>

> You ate vitamins and grew more fat,

> With the very sick, you never sat.

>

>

> A pint of blood you never gave,

> Which could a little baby save?

>

>

> O Human, you have done enough wrong,

> You bought good properties for a song.

>

>

> When the farmers appealed to you,

> You did not have mercy, tis true.

>

>

> Paradise for you? I cannot tell,

> Undoubtedly you will dwell in hell.

>

>

> There is no time for you to repent,

> I'll take your soul for which I am sent.

>

>

> The ending however, is very sad,

> Eventually the man became mad

>

>

> With a cry, he jumped out of bed,

> And suddenly, he fell down dead.

>

>

> O Reader! Take moral from here,

> You never know, your end may be near

>

>

> Change your living and make amends

> For heaven, on your deeds depends.

>

>

> If this poem inspires you,

> It can help someone too.

>

>

> **********************************************

>

>

> At least take sometime, and do not make it ban

> And send it to as many people as u can.

>

>

> What do you have for your END?

> Take Care with: The END

>

>

> The End

>

No comments: